Cernica Monastery was founded on 1608 over three islands on a lake that were connected with narrow stripes of land.
On the left side, the courtyard has an enclosure fortress-like.
The church in the middle of the enclosure was built in 1832.
The second island hosts the graveyard with a small church, from 1804.
The third island host the church dedicated to St. Nicolas, from 1815, restored few times.